Miguel Salas, originally from Puerto Rico, began his early professional career in television and broadcast production. He started as a News Photographer for ABC, Telemundo and Univision amongst other television networks.
He then ventured to the seven seas where he worked as the Head Broadcast Technician for Royal Caribbean Cruise lines. Currently, he is a Miami based Photographer and Filmmaker.
While he has been behind the camera since his early 20’s, he started developing his documentary photography skills during his travels around the world with Royal Caribbean Cruise lines.
In 2014 he attended the prestigious and renown International School of Film and Television in Cuba for a specialized training in documentary film making.
On 2017 he visited India during Holi, the Festival of Colors. Miguel was selected for the National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year twice in 2017 for two of his photos of India.
See more at miguelsalasphoto.com
I have always been an adventurer at heart. Whether it’s exploring the Everglades in Florida or participating in the spiritual Holi festival in India, I hope to provide an experience and a unique vantage point to inspire others to seek a life that knows no limits and to enjoy a world where language is never a barrier for friendship and where borders aren’t an obstacle for a human connection.
- National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year 2017
- Leica Store Coral Gables, FL - Leica Lounge Photography Presentation: Holi India.
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural festival
- Coral Gables Festival of The Arts
- White’s Art Gallery Collective Exhibition
- Doral Conservatory School of the Arts - Art is A Universal Language Collective Exhibition